Friday, October 21, 2011

What a Rush!

In the last few weeks, I've discovered a new high...ebay.  I know, it sounds strange, but watching the numbers at the end of the sale time is so exciting!

I've been selling Japanese toys on ebay for my boyfriend.  He recently moved in and "we" decided that he needed to grow up and get rid of most of his toys.  I also decided that I didn't want to have to wait years for him (with some poor money management skills) to have enough money to buy me a fantastic ring.  So, with all this money disguised as thousands (literally) of Japanese toys, I decided it would be my new project.

So each week, I get up the motivation to start photographing and pretending that I really care about Gundam action figures and Neon Genesis dolls and how sad I am to see them all go.  I post about 10-12 up per week (I know...it's going to take at least two years at this rate to get rid of them all!), and then wait the magic six days, 23 hours and 57 minutes and wait for that three-minute high.

3 minutes to go:  "Bummer!  Only one bid, and we're just going to get the minimum."
2 minutes to go:  "Okay.  We've got some competition.  It's only a few bucks more, but maybe we'll get a war."
1 minute to go:  "Damn.  It looks like $6 over minimum is where we'll stay."
30 seconds to go: "There we go, a couple more bids and we're up $12 now."
10 seconds to go:  "I knew you had one more in you.  $20 over.  Way to go!"
2 seconds to go:  "Holy Shit!  It just jumped up $60.  Whohoo!  Here comes the sparkly ring!"
5 minutes after:  "Hey baby, do you have any more of those boxes I could look at?"

So, we're on our way.  Thanks, ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment