Sunday, November 6, 2011

Help Me Stay Motivated!

I've been participating in Zumba or Zumba-like classes for a year and a half now.  It is the only exercise other than pole dancing (which my body forced me to quit after about a year) that I've been able to stay committed to.  However, my workout buddy is moving out of state, and I just committed to another six months of classes! 

Motivation has been poor lately.  Partly because my pain has been higher.  Partly because my exercise buddy (who shall remain nameless to protect the guilty) has been focused on other things and lost her motivation.  Partly because Kyle moved in a month ago and it's still fun and new.  And partly because I just always lose motivation eventually, and the time is now.

So help me out!  I've committed to 12 classes a month for the next six months.  That averages to three per week!  I've got Zumba and hip-hop aerobic classes to continue.  I'm also intrigued to try some kettle bell workouts and TRX.  I want to get strong and fit!  I also want to be as pain-free as possible.  Generally, when I work out more, I deal with the pain better and it doesn't flare as bad.  Finally, it would be great to be able to eat my cupcakes without feeling so guilty!

Let me know if you have any motivation techniques.  I'd love some suggestions.  If you're in Denver and want to help motivate me by coming along, that would be great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment